This is a easy, delicious and nutritious recipe, warming to the heart and soul :-)
You will need:
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower kernels
- 1 – 1/4 cups unsweetened plain almond milk
- 3/4 cup Hemp Seed Hulled (found at Mountain Rose Herbs)
- 3 cups water
- 4 cups cauliflower (chopped)
- 2 large avocados
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 TBSP Tamari
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 – 1/2 TBSP Curry Blend Powder (found at Mountain Rose Herbs)
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 5 medjool dates (pitted & chopped)
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. In a medium bowl, toss sunflower kernels with 1 teaspoon almond milk and 1 teaspoon curry powder. Spread out on a small parchment-paper-lined baking sheet and bake, tossing once or twice, until toasted and fragrant, 6 to 8 minutes; set aside.
Combine water and Hulled Hemp Seed in a blender. Blend on high until creamy and smooth. Add all other ingredients. Blend again until smooth.
You may need to help stir it if you do not have a strong blender (a Vitamix blender is best). If you have a Vitamix, you can warm the soup by blending on high for 5 minutes. If you do not have a Vitamix, pour the soup into a pot and warm it on the stove on low. (Stirring frequently). This soup does not need to be cooked, just warmed to taste.
This is a wonderful soup for a cold day. It will warm you inside and out. This recipe is Vegan, meaning that it contains no animal products.
Other favorite recipes that you might enjoy…