I love Portobello mushrooms with warm soft cheese, this recipe being no exception! You can also do this recipe on a grill, which is very nice. Here’s how to make this easy and yummy recipe…
Portobello Mushrooms Stuffed with Chevre Cheese Recipe
- 4 Portobello Mushroom Caps (approx. 4” inches in diameter)
- 6 oz. Chevre Cheese (crumbled) (see how to make Chevre Cheese)
- 3 Roma Tomatoes (sliced 1/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 Cup Basil leaves, fresh
- 4 Cups Onions (sweet, sliced fine)
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Garlic (fresh cloves, sliced fine)
- 1 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- Wipe mushroom caps clean with a damp cloth, turn over and remove stem and inner “gills” with a small spoon used in a gentle, scraping motion.
- Mix together balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, olive oil, chili powder and cumin and pour over mushroom caps coating well. Marinate caps for 4 to 6 hours.
- After marinating 4 to 6 hours wipe caps clean of excess marinate. Place the caps former “gill” side up on a non-stick baking sheet and layer on top of caps, the onion, chevre cheese, tomato, basil leaves then more chevre.
- Bake caps in a preheated 375 F oven for 7 to 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the mushroom cap and its toppings are heated through.
- If using a grill, place the caps directly on a medium heat grill and close the cover of the grill to add additional top heat. The length of actual time may vary depending on your grill.
- Garnish with more basil if desired just before serving.
Other favorite recipes;
How to make Goat’s Milk Chevre CheeseTransparency & Appreciation: I want all of my readers to know that I do provide links on this blog to other businesses that sell products that I use and love, I will never post a link to anything that is inconsistent with my ideology.
When you do click on a link to a business that I have referred you to and you make a purchase, I will earn a small commission – the price to you though is always their regular price, or in some instances a special offer price.
When you do make a purchase you are showing me that you support my efforts, time and expenses… I am very grateful to those who have both chosen to come read what I have written, and at times utilize my referral of a service or product that I completely believe in.
Thank you very much!
Regarding Crypto-currencies – I am not a financial adviser or broker. My blog is my own documentation of what I have done and what I think. It is for entertainment and educational purposes only. What you decide to do is your own responsibility, not mine. Please do your own research and draw your own conclusions before making any investments with anyone.
Regarding health and wellness – This site does not provide medical advice. I am not a doctor or health advisor. My purpose is to share experiences and information as I seek to improve the health of my family through a real food and natural lifestyle. Any statements or claims about the possible health benefits conferred by any foods or supplements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.