I love Portobello mushrooms with warm soft cheese, this recipe being no exception! You can also do this recipe on a grill, which is very nice. Here’s how to make this easy and yummy recipe…
Portobello Mushrooms Stuffed with Chevre Cheese Recipe
- 4 Portobello Mushroom Caps (approx. 4” inches in diameter)
- 6 oz. Chevre Cheese (crumbled) (see how to make Chevre Cheese)
- 3 Roma Tomatoes (sliced 1/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 Cup Basil leaves, fresh
- 4 Cups Onions (sweet, sliced fine)
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Garlic (fresh cloves, sliced fine)
- 1 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- Wipe mushroom caps clean with a damp cloth, turn over and remove stem and inner “gills” with a small spoon used in a gentle, scraping motion.
- Mix together balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, olive oil, chili powder and cumin and pour over mushroom caps coating well. Marinate caps for 4 to 6 hours.
- After marinating 4 to 6 hours wipe caps clean of excess marinate. Place the caps former “gill” side up on a non-stick baking sheet and layer on top of caps, the onion, chevre cheese, tomato, basil leaves then more chevre.
- Bake caps in a preheated 375 F oven for 7 to 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the mushroom cap and its toppings are heated through.
- If using a grill, place the caps directly on a medium heat grill and close the cover of the grill to add additional top heat. The length of actual time may vary depending on your grill.
- Garnish with more basil if desired just before serving.
Other favorite recipes;
Native Plant Landscaper, Gardener, Labyrinth Design, Feng Shui Practitioner, Aromatherapy / Essential Oils, Big Fan of Nature and Living Simply.
"There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly."
~ R. Buckminster Fuller