I love Portobello mushrooms with warm soft cheese, this recipe being no exception! You can also do this recipe on a grill, which is very nice. Here’s how to make this easy and yummy recipe…
Portobello Mushrooms Stuffed with Chevre Cheese Recipe
- 4 Portobello Mushroom Caps (approx. 4” inches in diameter)
- 6 oz. Chevre Cheese (crumbled) (see how to make Chevre Cheese)
- 3 Roma Tomatoes (sliced 1/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 Cup Basil leaves, fresh
- 4 Cups Onions (sweet, sliced fine)
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Garlic (fresh cloves, sliced fine)
- 1 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- Wipe mushroom caps clean with a damp cloth, turn over and remove stem and inner “gills” with a small spoon used in a gentle, scraping motion.
- Mix together balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, olive oil, chili powder and cumin and pour over mushroom caps coating well. Marinate caps for 4 to 6 hours.
- After marinating 4 to 6 hours wipe caps clean of excess marinate. Place the caps former “gill” side up on a non-stick baking sheet and layer on top of caps, the onion, chevre cheese, tomato, basil leaves then more chevre.
- Bake caps in a preheated 375 F oven for 7 to 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the mushroom cap and its toppings are heated through.
- If using a grill, place the caps directly on a medium heat grill and close the cover of the grill to add additional top heat. The length of actual time may vary depending on your grill.
- Garnish with more basil if desired just before serving.
Other favorite recipes;
How to make Goat’s Milk Chevre CheeseTransparency: Some links on this site are affiliate links, these are products and foods that I use and love. Should you click on these links and purchase something, the price is no different for you and I earn a small commission. Thanks for supporting Sacred Habitats!
Disclaimer: The statements made here have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. These statements are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure or prevent any disease. This notice is required by the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.