If you’ve read the ingredients on the frozen organic veggie burger’s or Boca Burgers and aren’t happy with what they contain… or maybe you’re equally unhappy with the flavor like I was [YUCK!]… you are going to LOVE this black bean burger recipe!
It is by far the best veggie burger recipe ever!
One of the things that’s most practical about it is that, unless you’re serving a small crowd, you will have plenty leftover to make into patties and freeze; these act as delicious and nutritious fast food for those busy days.
Evelyn’s ‘Real’ Veggie Burger Recipe
- 4 Cups Black Beans (canned & drained is ok, but organic cooked & drained is better)
- 1 1/2 cups Brown Rice cooked
- 1 large mashed Sweet Potato
- 1 cup Pine Nuts (chopped fine)
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1 1/4 cups Carrot Juice
- 1 cup finely grated carrots (use the pulp from the juiced carrots!)
- 1/2 a large Onion (chopped fine)
- 6-8 cloves of finely chopped Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Parsley (dried)
- 2 Tablespoons Thyme (dried)
- 2 Tablespoons Dill Weed (dried)
- 2 Tablespoons Celery Seed (dried)
- 1 Tablespoon Curry Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Orange Peel (dried)
- Sea Salt to taste (maybe 3/4 teaspoon)
- 2 Avocado’s peeled and mashed (optional garnish)
- A nice Raw Goat’s Milk Cheese is terrific on these too!
Preheat oven to 325. Mix all ingredients together. Make patties. Lightly oil a cookie sheet and bake patties for 30-45 minutes (depending on thickness & diameter of patties), flip after 15 minutes.
Serve with sclices of Avocado or melted Goat’s Cheese.
You can also let the burgers cool, and stack them between pieces of waxed paper and freeze (without the toppings) for a fast dinner at a later date.
Double recipe for larger families and freeze the extra’s.
Note: the patties can fall apart easily so handle with care during and after baking. I also suggest organic raw Goat’s milk products because they are the closest to human milk and easier to digest.
Recipe makes about 14 – 3 inch diameter, 1/2 inch thick patties.
Look through some of my other favorite recipes and find new favorites for yourself.Transparency & Appreciation: I want all of my readers to know that I do provide links on this blog to other businesses that sell products that I use and love, I will never post a link to anything that is inconsistent with my ideology.
When you do click on a link to a business that I have referred you to and you make a purchase, I will earn a small commission – the price to you though is always their regular price, or in some instances a special offer price.
When you do make a purchase you are showing me that you support my efforts in creating this blog for everyone to enjoy and learn from… I am very grateful to those who have chosen to read what I have written, and my referrals.
Thank you very much!
Regarding Health and Wellness – This site does not provide medical advice. I am not a doctor or health advisor. My purpose is to share experiences and information as I seek to improve the health of my family through a real food and natural lifestyle. Any statements or claims about the possible health benefits conferred by any foods or supplements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.