If you’ve read the ingredients on the frozen organic veggie burger’s or Boca Burgers and aren’t happy with what they contain… or maybe you’re equally unhappy with the flavor like I was… you are going to LOVE this black bean burger recipe! It is by far the best veggie burger recipe ever!
One of the things that’s most practical about it is that, unless you’re serving a small crowd, you will have plenty leftover to make into patties and freeze; these act as delicious and nutritious fast food for those busy days.
Evelyn’s ‘Real’ Veggie Burger Recipe
- 4 Cups Black Beans (canned & drained is ok, but organic cooked & drained is better)
- 1 1/2 cups Brown Rice cooked
- 1 large mashed Sweet Potato
- 1 cup Pine Nuts (chopped fine)
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1 1/4 cups Carrot Juice
- 1 cup finely grated carrots (use the pulp from the juiced carrots!)
- 1/2 a large Onion (chopped fine)
- 6-8 cloves of finely chopped Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Parsley (dried)
- 2 Tablespoons Thyme (dried)
- 2 Tablespoons Dill Weed (dried)
- 2 Tablespoons Celery Seed (dried)
- 1 Tablespoon Curry Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Orange Peel (dried)
- Sea Salt to taste (maybe 3/4 teaspoon)
- 2 Avocado’s peeled and mashed (optional garnish)
- A nice Raw Goat’s Milk Cheese is terrific on these too!
Preheat oven to 325. Mix all ingredients together. Make patties. Lightly oil a cookie sheet and bake patties for 30-45 minutes (depending on thickness & diameter of patties), flip after 15 minutes.
Serve with dollops of Avacodo or melted Goat’s Cheese, or let cool and freeze (without the toppings) for a fast dinner. Double recipe for larger families and freeze the extra’s.
Note: the patties can fall apart easily so handle with care during and after baking. I also suggest organic raw Goat’s milk products because they are the closest to human milk and easier to digest.
Recipe makes about 14 – 3 inch diameter, 1/2 inch thick patties.
Native Plant Landscaper, Gardener, Labyrinth Design, Feng Shui Practitioner, Aromatherapy / Essential Oils, Big Fan of Nature and Living Simply.
"There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly."
~ R. Buckminster Fuller