This recipe is unique in that it contains ‘Beef Bacon’, which I have only ever seen at one source. This dish is grain-free, dairy-free, and nut-free!
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and sliced into 1/8″ thin rounds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 tsp herbs de provence (or your favorite dry herbs)
- 1/2 C carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 C zucchini, peeled and shredded
- 3/4 lbs sliced sugar-free nitrate-free beef bacon (Beef Bacon is available through US Wellness Meats, they have excellent grass-raised meats!)
Grease 13×5″ glass dish thoroughly with coconut oil
Lay out the sweet potatoes in a single layer, overlapping so that a crust can be formed by sealing out the egg (it’s OK if egg leak under) and set aside
Whisk together eggs, seasoning, carrots and zucchini until frothy with air bubbles
Pour eggs over sweet potatoes
Gently lay strips of beef bacon in an overlapping pattern over the uncooked egg mixture
Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes
Recipe from: PaleoParents, thanks!