Coop Camp™ is the first of its kind weekend workshop for chicken lovers. Explore the amazing world of backyard chickens with today’s foremost chicken bloggers and experts. Start your weekend on Friday evening with an All-Camp Social. Then, spend Saturday and Sunday attending workshops on topics including coops, breeds, equipment, runs, chicken health, enrichment, composting and gardening, dealing with city ordinances, starting a coop tour and much much more.
Coop Dreams Coop Camp™ offers a unique opportunity to learn from trusted authors, speakers and experts associated with backyard chickens in a fun environment.
Learn valuable tips at the workshop sessions, check out the demo coop, mingle with speakers and other campers at the Friday night social. Whether you’re a beginner or an old pro, Coop Camp™ has something new for you!
Coop Camp™ is scheduled for two locations in 2016:
- Indianapolis, IN on January 8-10, 2016
- Waynesboro, VA on February 26-28, 2016
What you will learn
Upon registration you will go through a menu of workshop topics and pick the ones that you want to attend. Some include…
- A Coop Tour Case Study outlining the ABC’s of planning and managing a successful and profitable Tour De Coops
- Where Am I In The Pecking Order: Everything You Want To Know About Chicken Behavior but Didn’t Know who to Ask
- The Full Meal Deal: What You Should Be Feeding Your Chickens At Every Stage Of Life – And Why
- How to Choose: A look at chicken breeds and which may be right for you
- Small Scale Chicken Farming: An Introduction
- Chicken Coops: From A to Z – what you need to know to build one yourself
- Healthy Hens the Natural Way: Using Herbs, Weeds And Natural Supplements To Build Strong Immune Systems
- Coop Keeping from A to Z: Nesting Box Curtains, Nesting Box Herbs, Coop Bedding, Natural Homemade Cleaning Sprays, Natural Rodent And Pest Control
- Step Back in Time: Old-timers Methods That Still Work Today: Deep Litter Method, Apple Cider Vinegar In Water, Unregulated Coop Light and Heat
- Common chicken illnesses and how to handle them
- Natural Enhancements for the Coop and Run: Using Herbs And Edible Flowers To Enhance Your Chickens’ Environment, Including Run Landscaping, Chicken Salad Bar and more
- Andrew Brake | Naptown Chickens | Indianapolis Tour de Coops | Agrarian
- Jennifer Connell | The Chicken Swing/Fowl Play Products
- Kevin Fletcher | New Country Organics
- Kathy Shea Mormino | The Chicken Chick
- Tom Mormino | Mr. Chicken Chick
- Lisa Steele | Fresh Eggs Daily | Duck Eggs Daily
- Montie Twining | Urban Coop Company
For general questions or for more information, please contact Coop Camp.Transparency & Appreciation: I want all of my readers to know that I do provide links on this blog to other businesses that sell products that I use and love, I will never post a link to anything that is inconsistent with my ideology.
When you do click on a link to a business that I have referred you to and you make a purchase, I will earn a small commission – the price to you though is always their regular price, or in some instances a special offer price.
When you do make a purchase you are showing me that you support my efforts in creating this blog for everyone to enjoy and learn from… I am very grateful to those who have chosen to read what I have written, and my referrals.
Thank you very much!
Regarding Health and Wellness – This site does not provide medical advice. I am not a doctor or health advisor. My purpose is to share experiences and information as I seek to improve the health of my family through a real food and natural lifestyle. Any statements or claims about the possible health benefits conferred by any foods or supplements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.