Here is an easy and super-cute idea for your autumn dinner table from HGTV. What I love most about autumn is that there are so many beautiful and colorful fruits and vegetables you can use to make vases and even serving dishes. So festive!
What You Will Need:
- 3 small butternut squash, each a slightly different height
- 1 iced tea spoon
- chef’s knife
- cutting board
- fall flowers of your choice; such as sunflowers, dahlias, cockscombs, mums, and don’t forget to put some stalks/seed heads from ornamental grasses to add height!
To Cut and Hollow Out Butternut Squash
- On a cutting board, slice off the top of the butternut squash with a chef’s knife .
- With a long-handled spoon (such as an iced tea spoon), make a ring around the inside of the squash, leaving about a 1/2-inch border around the outside of the squash.
- Using the spoon, hollow out the squash until you reach the seeds at the bottom.
- Turn the squash upside down, tapping on the cutting board until free of seeds. Repeat with remaining squash.
- Discard top and reserve seeds for another use.
Find the detailed instructions at HGTV.Transparency & Appreciation: I want all of my readers to know that I do provide links on this blog to other businesses that sell products that I use and love, I will never post a link to anything that is inconsistent with my ideology.
When you do click on a link to a business that I have referred you to and you make a purchase, I will earn a small commission – the price to you though is always their regular price, or in some instances a special offer price.
When you do make a purchase you are showing me that you support my efforts, time and expenses… I am very grateful to those who have both chosen to come read what I have written, and at times utilize my referral of a service or product that I completely believe in.
Thank you very much!
Regarding Crypto-currencies – I am not a financial adviser or broker. My blog is my own documentation of what I have done and what I think. It is for entertainment and educational purposes only. What you decide to do is your own responsibility, not mine. Please do your own research and draw your own conclusions before making any investments with anyone.
Regarding health and wellness – This site does not provide medical advice. I am not a doctor or health advisor. My purpose is to share experiences and information as I seek to improve the health of my family through a real food and natural lifestyle. Any statements or claims about the possible health benefits conferred by any foods or supplements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.