This chocolate truffle recipe is so easy and delicious. I’ve always found that using the best quality ingredients, particularly chocolate, makes a world of difference in the flavor, at the bottom of this post you’ll find links to get the best.
These chocolate truffles are a terrific treat to make for yourself, a host gift, a pot luck, holiday gifts, Valentine’s Day gifts, or any for special occasion.
You will need:
- 1 pack (12 oz.) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (see below links to buy excellent quality chocolate)
- 1/2 cup Bittersweet Chocolate Chips (see below links to buy excellent quality chocolate)
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 5 TBSP Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter (softened)
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Raw Cocoa Powder or Cinnamon Powder (used for rolling/dusting your Truffles)
Optional Flavoring for your Chocolate Truffles (Lavender, Orange, Tangerine, or Peppermint)
Put 20-30 drops of your choice of Young Living Essential Oil
– choose Lavender, Orange, Tangerine or Peppermint (the amount of essential oil can be adjusted to your taste preferences. I use and only recommend this bran of essential oil as it is food-grade, do not substitute for other brands because most are not edible!)
Combine semi-sweet and bittersweet chocolate together in a deep sided medium sized mixing bowl and set aside.
Heat whipping cream until almost boiling – Do not boil or scorch your cream! After cream is heated to very hot, slowly pour over semi-sweet and bittersweet chips. Let stand for a few minutes so chips will soften.
Once chocolate has melted, stir well until uniform and well blended.
In a small bowl, whip butter, and sugar.
Optional: Add your desired choice of Young Living Essential Oil. Tip: start by only using 20 drops of essential oil, you can add more later if you would like a stronger flavor.
Add butter / essential oil mixture to the chocolate chip / cream mixture and beat on medium speed using an electric hand mixer until sooth and creamy.
Taste to see if you want to add a few more drops of essential oil.
Set bowl into fridge for about 45 minutes to allow chocolate to firm up.
After chocolate has firmed, remove from fridge and form into small balls by using a melon baller or teaspoon. Place chocolate balls on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. To make chocolate balls more uniform, roll between palms and place back onto wax paper.
Dusting: Take each chocolate ball and roll into your small dish of cocoa powder or cinnamon powder.
Allow chocolate truffles to finish cooling.
Makes about 35 – 1 inch round yummy Chocolate truffles.
Where to get high quality chocolate ingredients for this recipe:
Raw Cocoa Powder
Native Plant Landscaper, Gardener, Labyrinth Design, Feng Shui Practitioner, Aromatherapy / Essential Oils, Big Fan of Nature and Living Simply.
"There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly."
~ R. Buckminster Fuller